Hi Friends, Today’s recipe is inspired by my mother-in-law’s way of cooking . Everyone is fan of her fish curry . It tastes yummy.I have used Tilapia fillets . You can use Salmon or Mackerel as well. This tastes great with hot rice.
- Tilapia – 1 lb(about 2 inch pieces)
- Onion – 2 (medium size)( 1/2 chopped and 1 1/2 for paste )
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 3 (slit)
- Cilantro – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2
- Tamarind – about 2 lemons size
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 2
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- salt – about 1/2 tsp
- Wash the fish pieces and marinate them and keep aside .
- Grind 1 1/2 onion and the whole spices in to fine paste .
- In a small vessel take water and to this add the tomatoes , tamarind and boil for 5 mins . After it cools, squeeze and remove all the pulp and retain the juice.
- In a non-stick pan heat the oil and shallow fry all the fish pieces until they are gloden brown on both side and keep them aside.
- Add oil if required to the pan and now add ginger garlic paste and fry it . To this add chopped onion and green chilles and stir fry them . Add some salt and fry till they are tender . To this add the onion paste and fry till is comes to thick paste . Now add chilli powder and garam masala powder , turmeric and salt and mix well .
- Add the tomato and tamarind juice and stir well .
- Cook for 5 mins with the lid closed .
- Add the fried fish pieces to the gravy and cook for 3 mins . Garnish with Cilantro
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins